Our client, a developer of security software is seeking a Contract eLearning Content Developer/Instructional Designer for a 6 month plus contract. The content developer will initially be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and refresh of the existing course catalog, developing and delivering additional courses and enhancing the client’s eLearning service.
- Assist with the design, development, and testing of instructional materials, including the overall quality of the course content and the user experience.
- Responsible for course design, learning objectives, story boards, assessments, and other instructional material.
- Responsible for course maintenance, including content refresh, issue investigation and bug fixing, as required.
- Responsible for the creation of new courses related to general and specific security topics, programming languages, and the use of the client product.
Work closely with other eLearning team members, the client Security Research team/other SMEs, and Product Management (PM) to ensure the eLearning content meets expectations.
This position requires a team player who is motivated to both learn and educate – someone who can effectively communicate complex material to a broad audience. This role will also require effective communication with internal/external cross-functional teams. This individual will have the opportunity and freedom to cultivate new and innovative solutions which will benefit our entire client base.
4-year college education in Computer Science, Engineering, Education or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in the technology industry or a technology department, in a functional training role with emphasis on technology and business process training development and design.
- Proven track record in developing original and innovative technical training courses including self-paced learning content and e-learning/web-based training.
- Experience and understanding of Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Foundation knowledge of learning theory and instructional design techniques.
- Complete fluency in English required; excellent written and verbal English skills for the purpose of documentation development, curriculum development, editing and communication.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, and the ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a collaborative, and sometimes distributed, team environment (e.g. Agile).
- A self-starter that can work under minimal supervision is multi-tasking, has the ability to meet deadlines under strict timeframes, all while producing quality deliverables.
Additional Skills & Experiences:
Familiarity with eLearning development standards, ideally SCORM and AICC.
- Experience with course authoring tools e.g.Articulate Storyline or Camtasia
- Programming experience in a procedural language.
- SaaS product experience a plus
- Security knowledge a plus.