Our Client is looking for a strategy lead who relishes understanding what makes people tick and converting those observations into effective solutions that help measurably build a client’s business. Your experience and enthusiasm has prepared you to lead the UX strategy capability for the agency, helping show clients fresh opportunities to evolve their customer experiences and drive new innovations in their companies.
You’re well versed in a host of methods for evaluating various types of problems, from generative research that identifies early-stage opportunity areas, to evaluative research to gauge the extent to which a potential solution fits the bill. You know how and when to rely on quantitative tools to build out the picture or optimize the experience. You’re just as eager to roll up your sleeves with tech and creative partners, as you are to host a co-workshop with customers and clients. While you can express your thoughts visually, you’re at your best partnering with others who take those ideas and run with them.
You crave an organization where your contributions will make a strong impact, and an environment where you’re encouraged to share all you’ve learned both with direct reports and an extended team. You want it all wrapped up in a culture that is passionate and insanely committed to bringing new products to life and creating awesome cross-channel experiences.
· Identify fresh opportunity areas that are meaningful to customers and hold value for business. This includes putting sharper focus around a problem hypothesized by the client or agency team, as well as identifying whitespace opportunities.
· Collaborate with clients to unpack key assumptions, understand the business issues at play, and consult on how customer experience solutions could be used to address them.
· Having defined the problem/opportunity to be addressed, select the appropriate methods to unpack it, whether they be generative, descriptive or evaluative approaches. Plan, manage, and field research with the support of junior strategists.
· Lead the analysis of research findings in a collaborative manner that engages and inspires the core team (strategists, designers, technologists) and client partners.
· Bring to life the needs, behaviors and motivations of the people for whom we design. Elucidate the problem to be solved and provide insights into potential solutions through CX design artifacts (e.g. personas, customer journeys, experience maps, concept models) and via lively facilitation in workshops and co-design sessions.
· Partner with designers and technologists and clients to build on your
recommendations for a cohesive and integrated approach.
· Play an active role in new business initiatives, representing customer experience strategy in pitches and leading discussions about strategic approaches and recommended staffing.
· Provide up-to-date thought leadership in customer experience issues, industry trends, and emerging platforms.
· Manage and mentor junior team members and outside partners.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
· 10 years in a related role such as experience design, service design, and/or product development.
· 3+ years experience managing, leading or mentoring designers/strategists.
· Demonstrated ability to garner a deep understanding of the target users’ needs, tasks, motivations and goals, and to articulate CX concepts through scenarios and visualizations. Champion the needs of the people we’re designing for, advocate for simple, compelling solutions.
· Depth of experience with primary research methods including in-person interviews, contextual inquiry, as well as projective techniques, co-design sessions and workshops. A passion for exploring new methods as well.
· Experience with planning, designing and managing quantitative studies using online evaluation tools (such as Treejack, Opinion Lab, etc.).
· A point of view of how people use technology in real life, and how that’s changing as new form factors continue to hatch and take off.
· Ability to craft measurement plans that help prove the value of the experience you’re supporting, tying back to key business outcomes and identifying actionable steps for continued improvement.
· Ability to define the strategic approach for a given client/assignment, including the methods and staffing required. A compelling presence in new business discussions.
· Impeccable writing and communication skills, including strong presentation skills and a knack for connecting effectively verbally and through visuals.
· Track record of partnering with internal teams as well as client partners.
· Intellectual curiosity and creativity and self-driven work ethic.
· A collaborative work style. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and add to a team culture that’s committed to on-going learning and improvement.
· Design personas, customer journeys, concept models and experience maps.
· Primary research plans, findings and recommendations, and related materials (e.g. quant survey development, recruitment screener, discussion guides, journals, diaries).
· Customer experience roadmaps and strategy recommendations.
· Measurement strategies, learning plans and program evaluations.
· Competitive assessments & analyses.
· Proposals and staffing plans.