Our Client, is an esteemed software company that develops and markets product cost management software.
As Sr. UX Designer you will leverage their experience to help develop intuitive, easy to use, software solutions that provide complex data analysis in an actionable format. A prime focus will be designing user experiences for our role-based Web applications in our next generation solution. You will collect and analyze customer feedback, market studies, and internal research to define usability and UI requirements. From these you will design, prototype, and test workflows and data presentations for our existing and future applications.
• Research user objectives and workflows
• Collaborate with product managers and development teams to design user experiences for capabilities within our role-based Web apps that are targeted for each release
• Define user experiences that address the needs of specific user profiles and use cases
• Use storyboarding, user scenario development, high-level use case definition, user and task analysis, to refine requirements, UX plans and UI designs
• Create visual designs and supporting graphical artifacts for professional enterprise software
• Build what you design. Develop prototypes for development and testing and assist the development team to quickly iterate on user interface improvement
• Run usability testing / validation
• Help internal teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback
We’re considering candidates with a range of experience levels and backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have some combination of the following experiences:
• Success defining user experiences for software applications in innovative environments
• A portfolio showing examples of design direction, creative process, research strategy, or equivalent user experience accomplishments
• Experience with responsive web application design
• Experience with Axure, Balsamiq, Adobe CC or similar mockup and prototyping tools
• Knowledge and experience in usability evaluation, research, and design methods with a focus on human-computer interaction.
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
• Highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
• Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• 4+ years as a usability specialist, user experience designer, or other equivalent title
• BA, BS, MA, or MS in cognitive psychology, human factors, industrial design or related field
• Experience with usability / UI design for CAD, PLM ERP, or Supply Chain systems is a plus
Headquartered in Concord Massachusetts, our client has offices in Belfast, Northern Ireland and Dnipro, Ukraine. Their clients are leading manufacturers around the globe including Whirlpool, SpaceX, and Honda to name a few. Through real-time, accurate cost & manufacturing analysis, our Client allows designers, manufacturing engineers, purchasing professionals, and management the ability to estimate and control product costs throughout the new product introduction life cycle and in production. The result is faster time to market, reduced product cost and improved product profitability. We are looking for people who are sharp, articulate, and enjoy a fast paced environment.