Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing software companies in the Bay Area? Our client’s Search & AI-Driven analytics platform is disrupting the BI industry by making analytics 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people
Our client is looking for a visionary documentation leader who can innovate, while managing a team day-to-day to deliver excellent documentation. You’ll plan how to scale the team to support company growth and our customers’ success with our products. But beyond just delivering world class documentation, you’ll help the team innovate and develop their own skills.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing the documentation function and our portal. This means that you’ll figure out to best way to achieve our objectives, whether that means documentation, videos, tutorials, or something that hasn’t been invented yet.
This position is based at our headquarters in Palo Alto, California. We’ll especially want to talk to you if you’ve written technical docs for a database, business intelligence, or big data offering
- Manage our documentation team, including staffing plans, hiring, and coaching/development
- Own the documentation plan, quality, and delivery in sync with the release schedule
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and methodologies, to innovate and make our information solutions world class
- “Bend the curve” by bringing new solutions to the areas of in-product help, community, and customer enablement
- Must have the ability to write excellent original technical documentation, when needed
- 5 – 10 years experience in technical documentation production
- Minimum 3 years experience building and managing a team
- BA/BS degree
- Proven ability to manage documentation project teams, and deliver within a software release cycle
- Demonstrated excellence as a technical writer in your own right
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Markdown and Jekyll for documentation are a plus
- Bonus points if you have hands on experience with databases and reporting tools like Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, and Excel