As a Senior XD Architect you will uncover, define, and advocate for the user’s needs and desires for platforms we design and build.
You are a strategist, a sense-maker and a systems thinker. Primary to your role will be the ability to bring clarity to the confusing, to render simplicity from the complex, and to gain understanding from ambiguity.
You are an expert in the tools we use to accomplish these things, from both qualitative and quantitative user research through feature specification and testing. Perhaps most importantly, you are a proven partner with members of the content, creative and data, and development teams, allowing and facilitating ideas from all groups and shepherding them into solutions that meet both user and business needs.
Reporting to the Director of User Experience in Boston, this is a senior level role that will lead projects from discovery through to final delivery.
- Must have previous agency experience in designing for complex sites and applications, with a portfolio of work you’ve personally created
- At least 4 years experience in a senior-level UX role
- Familiarity with content strategy and its relationship to UX design
- The ability to provide leadership as a participant in a cross-functional design/content/development team
- The demonstrated ability to craft a compelling story around a user’s experience with a brand
- Planning and execution of user research, including but not limited to an up-front contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, and usability testing.
- Competitive audits for both form and function
- Persona and journey map development, including the definition of user scenarios
- Developing Information architectures of complex multi-channel digital experiences
- Leading collaborative design efforts with a multi-disciplinary team
- Defining and specifying feature/functional requirements, content components, and detailed design requirements
Experience with the following would be considered a plus:
- Experience in designing for enterprise digital content management systems such as Adobe, Sitecore, etc.
- Experience with lean UX principles
If this sounds like you, please submit a cover letter, resume, and your portfolio.