Our client, a leading global consulting firm is seeking a Digital Learning Curation Specialist to build internal and client capabilities through a range of learning options including face to face experiential programs, apprenticeship, coaching, mentoring, social, and self-directed digital content.
The Specialist, Digital Learning Curation will scour the digital world for the most powerful content around a topic and bring a variety of length, depth and formats of learning assets to learners. They will logically group, organize and tag external and user generated content to enable cross-platform enterprise searching and manage content quality and freshness. They will establish relevant metrics, add context and market external and user generated content to drive adoption and utilization. The role is primarily focused on increasing the quality and use of external and user generated content to complement and enhance existing internal content.
This position can be located in Boston, New York, San Francisco or Chicago.
Source relevant external and user generated content to complement existing learning assets and address current and emerging skill gaps
- Scour the digital world for the most powerful content around a topic and bring a variety of length (bite sized micro and full course macro) depth (1 minute overview to PhD level) and formats (eBooks, eLearning courses, infographics, articles, tweets, blog posts, news, articles, and videos – basically, anything relevant to the subject matter) of learning assets to learners
- Partner with training team members and conduct learner research to identify content needs relevant to consultant and consulting support staff team members
- Review ‘Freemium’ learning content to ensure compliance with copyright, licensing or other requirements (e.g. Ted Talks, YouTube, LinkedIn Influencers, etc.)
- Explore tools and algorithms to automate searching and content filtering to ensure a steady flow of ‘hot and fresh’ external assets (e.g. scoop.it, feedly, google alerts, etc.)
- Plan and conduct special research projects to source content in area of interest or expertise
Logically group, organize and tag external and user generated content to enable cross-platform enterprise searching and manage content quality and freshness
- Establish and manage taxonomy and assigned metadata of all external and user generated content; maintain accurate records of inventory
- Group content logically based on topic, date, popularity, sources, target audience and other relevant data fields; ensure alignment with existing learning management system groupings
- Work with SMEs to ensure proper metadata tagging for all informal assets published
Establish relevant metrics, add context and market external and user generated content to drive adoption and utilization
- Partner with training team and SMEs to add context to content through commentary, Q&A, challenges, @mentions and connections to strategic initiatives
- Encourage social and collaborative learning and content sharing through internal social media via comments, feedback, Apps, discussion boards; create communities crowdsource new content
- Monitor content effectiveness, evaluate impact and assess achievement of objectives through analysis; prepare dashboard reports summarizing results and implement enhancements
- Partner with Digital Learning Systems Specialist to design, create, and maintain regular metrics to support analysis and measurement of external and user generated content
- Utilize analytics to identify potential SMEs, find emerging topics of interest and assess any unexpected patterns or issues observed in data
- Design, organize, or conduct virtual tours, workshops, and training sessions to acquaint individuals with existing external and user generated content
- Create and manage a global training newsletter and/or top tips emails/infographics, ensuring relevant people are informed of new and available content
Perform other duties and projects as assigned or as responsibilities dictate
- BA/BS or equivalent, with strong academic credentials
- Minimum 3 years of experience with learning content (partnering with external content providers, metadata, taxonomy management, curating/developing internal content, social learning, design, etc.)
- Degree in information science or MLIS or equivalent higher education degree preferred
- Knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous learning, performance support, social learning strategy and tools, MOOCs & SPOCs, learning management systems, eLearning, video creation, content management systems, working knowledge of SCORM, xAPI, and mobile delivery, etc.
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training impact
- Ideally willing to be located in any US office or London