Our client, a late stage startup in the Bay Area, is looking for a Director of Product Management (Operational Analytics) who will lead the strategy and definition for their cloud service solutions for machine data analytics. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Management to help define the strategy and direction for their Operational Analytics solutions and core application security. You will work as part of a product management team that leads the definition of all products and will work integrally with technical alliances and channel groups to define and develop partnerships and integrations with other IT Operations solutions vendors.
This is an individual contributor role. The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional with a track record of bringing innovative SaaS solutions to market. This professional will be adept with modern applications architectures (Agile DevOps, Kubernetes Engine, Istio, Prometheus, Docker, AWS, Google GCP) and passionate about a cloud/SaaS business model, big data analytics technologies, and has impeccable product management skills.
- Facilitate the definition of strategy and roadmap
- Discover and define business cases for new market opportunities
- Develop GTM plans with Marketing for solutions launches and Sales Enablement
- Execute product strategy within a high-velocity agile/DevOps environment that delivers incremental value quickly and iterates based on user feedback.
- Interface and proactively manage requirements from inside and outside stakeholder groups
- Build relationships and work closely with engineering and architecture functions to ensure alignment.
- Work closely with Marketing to facilitate Product team’s domain expertise flow and support positioning, messaging, and content
- Align executive stakeholders on product vision and strategy
- Some travel involved
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 7+ years Product Management experience
- Minimum 2+ years of recent experience with AWS and other Cloud IaaS services
- Minimum 5 years of leading a SaaS product or portfolio of products
- Experience from within Container/Micro-services, IT Analytics, IT Management, Monitoring software or Application Performance Management (APM) space is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Ability to build and defend business cases
- Experience with Agile software development
- BA/BS in Computer Science. MBA Preferred