Our client is looking for a detail-driven project manager with strong experience leading agile software development project for a 9-12 month project. The job is 100% remote.
The Project Manager will lead project teams through an agile software development lifecycle to deliver both new and existing Cloud products and will be accountable for on-time, on-budget, high quality software project deliveries.This position requires a high degree of collaboration with the leaders of technical teams such as design, development, documentation, operations and quality assurance, and coordination to manage dependencies and handoffs between engineering, product management and release readiness teams.
- Project Planning and Management –Apply modern project management techniques to manage a project, achieving objectives of scope, quality, time and cost. Organize and lead project status and working meetings.Prepare progress reports. Present to executive steering committee on a regular basis.Proactively identify and mitigate project risks and issues. Manage project changes.Develop relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Team Management – Hold project teams accountable for their project responsibilities and deliverables. Proactively ensure that teams are “in sync” in terms of communication, schedules, and issues.Develop project teams by promoting empowerment, engagement and high quality deliverables. Project manage teams in US and the Philippines.
- Product Manager Support – Partner with product managers/owners to plan and prioritize product delivery roadmaps and support key customer deployments.
- Process Management and Improvement – Champion continuous improvement and adoption of project management and agile software development best practices.
Other Key Requirements of the Successful Candidate:
- Strong understanding of Project Management methodologies and Agile software development, with experience delivering enterprise software products.Able to blend and “right-size” these practices to fit the project and business need.
- A strong communicator with the ability to pull out and summarize information and tailor communication style and content for a variety of audiences.Comfortable and confident presenting to executives.
- Driven, proactive and a do-er.
- Have an understanding of the “bigger picture”.Be able to conceptualize where and how the project fits into the company’s mission. Must be able to establish project goals, validate and confirm acceptance, challenge stakeholders, and hold stakeholders accountable.
- Enough technical insight to become a credible leader with development teams, to facilitate resolution of software product issues, and to evaluate complex project issues and risks.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience on large scale software development projects, preferably in a commercial software development environment or 5+ years in cloud operations
- Proven project management in the software or IT industry using project management best practices.
- Proven experience managing agile projects and moving teams to agile methodologies.
- B.S., Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience managing projects with remote teams in distributed, world-wide locations.
- Experience working in a PMO (desired)