Our client is seeking a Product Manager to run their software solutions business.
Want to own the product that defines your category? Do you look at complex business challenges and can’t help but think how you could solve them, bring them to life with a thoughtful and insightful online experience, and monetize in a way that is both aligned with client motivations and defensible against new entrants or models? If this is you, we’d like to talk.
Over the past four years, our client has developed technology (think ad tech for jobs) that has become mission critical to the largest, most innovative recruitment advertisers. 2.5 billion job ads optimized. 650 million applies. $250M spend under management. We’ve got scale.And we’ve got problems that come with rapid growth in a new market. Our interfaces are hard to use. We’ve penetrated key sub-markets. What worked for our first 50 customers isn’t going to work for the next 500.
Our Head of Product is looking for a partner to run our software solutions business – a person who can learn customer needs, establish theses to test and then through conversation (and debate!), requirement definition, deft sequencing, revenue (and other KPI) modeling and analytics get more of the right products into our customers hands, faster and with greater efficacy than anyone else in our space.
Should you join us, we will place in your hands all the responsibility you can handle and let you run with it. Let’s decide together where the lines (and commensurate salary, title, and MBOs) should be drawn. We’re flexible.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Defining & prioritizing high-level objectives & detailed product requirements to deliver measurable value to our Clickcast and Ad Manager customers
- Ensuring that all projects are measured and managed effectively to ensure that investments made achieve the planned results.
- Collaborating with internal sales, account management and product teams to create a product plan to meet our ambitious growth & customer satisfaction goals.
- Joining customer calls and visiting clients & key prospects to learn first-hand what we’re doing well – so we can do more of it – and understand where we need to do better.
- Developing go-to-market plans that include key messaging, ideal/target customers, tactics to generate awareness and drive adoption, and training of internal partners to breathe life into your solutions.
OUR PRODUCT CULTURE
Product drives process, not the other way around. We don’t value perfect Agile. Writing elaborate user stories & detailed acceptance criteria is not the job. Shipping great products to our customers is everything.
We believe that good tactics lead to good strategy. Yes, you will need to have the ideas, but then you should have the ability to describe the discrete, actionable steps required to get from point A to point Z.We want client feedback after point A.
We’re a team and we all succeed together.The weight of your ‘voice’ is not in how loud you speak but in the leadership you showed on the last release. We’re the kind of people who call attention to our own missteps and give credit exactly where it’s due.
We all hop into the trenches. We’re understand and empathize with how our actions affect customers – from great new features to nasty bugs – and through grit, persistence & integrity, we make it right.
Demonstrated experience in a thinking position(s) like product management where you’ve been responsible to make decisions and quantify how your actions have made your company better.
Familiarity with advertising concepts & technology – CPC, eCPC, yield, inventory management, ad APIs, audience segmentation, etc. Having applied these concepts to job advertising is a definite plus.
As a power user or builder, experience with marketing/advertising campaign management tools or enterprise analytics/reporting solutions