Our client, a leader in healthcare security is seeking a Senior Mobile User Experience Designer to join their team.
The Senior User Mobile Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for optimizing our client’s products for the entire product life cycle, from up-front design to usability testing. This role provides deep insight and understanding into user behavior, needs, and motivation throughout all phases of the design process from project conceptualization, to implementation, and development for Cloud Products and new iOS and Android products.
Additionally, the Senior User Mobile Experience (UX) Designer will define design principles and patterns across our client’s products and/or within product domains.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on cutting edge cloud product line, and extend that design across web, mobile web, iOS, and Android products
- Translates business requirements into innovative, usable, and technically feasible user experience designs
- Performs impact analyses of proposed features or updates, identifying the locations and the extent of the product that are affected
- Envisions and develops intuitive, scalable, and engaging interactions and experience designs for a feature or product
- Establishes a design direction by working with Product Management, Software Engineering, and the UX Design team
- Creates user-centered storyboards, journey maps, and concept sketches. Helps establish design and usability goals for a release.
- Defines and develops key workflows, interaction models, wireframes, and user interface design specifications to be communicated effectively in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Creates user interface prototypes to be used for ideation, early stakeholder and user feedback, and delivering the UX design specifications to development for implementation
- Ensures design solutions meet product goals, vision, philosophy, strategy
- Presents work during peer reviews, providing sound research and/or citing best practices to explain the information architecture, design, and interaction decisions
- Drives projects to completion with minimal supervision: meets deadlines, delivers on requirements, supports development
- Works within brand guidelines to ensure designs are not only user friendly, but remain consistent with the rest of the products and brand framework
- Participates in usability testing; uses the feedback to modify and refine designs
- Serves as a user advocate through customer interviews, user research, persona creation, and usability testing
- Has a strong desire to learn and develop additional skills and expertise over time
- Mentors junior members of the UX team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Interaction Design or in a related discipline and 8+ years’ experience as an interaction designer, experience designer or a similar role
- Solid experience with user interaction design and prototyping tools appropriate for enterprise and mobile platforms like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Axure, or similar
- Expert understanding of interaction design tools and techniques
- A self-starter who takes initiative to execute the design process and create highly usable, best-in-class designs for desktop, web-based, and/or mobile applications
- Experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tier, commercial software applications
- Tracking and staying up to date on industry standards and trends, and platform (mobile, web, desktop) standards and technologies
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and ask the right questions to get the necessary information to move forward with projects
- Ability to articulate design concepts and rationale to development teams or executives
- Healthcare experience and/or the drive and ability to learn quickly about our domain and our complex workflows
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, communication and presentation
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills. Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables, and ability to make appropriate and sound decisions
- Ability to lead, work independently, and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Portfolio with case studies, showing research- final design and multiple iterations.