Our client is seeking a UX Director for a major business line on their enterprise application.
The UX Director orchestrates the evolution of customer experiences for a major line of business, partnering closely with leaders in product, engineering, and operations to set human-centered vision and strategy; plan and deliver a portfolio of digital offerings; and iteratively improve a family of interconnected software products and services.
Directors are self-aware, accomplished design leaders who can shepherd and grow a team of designers; collaboratively influence and guide business and product development partners in how to accomplish business goals through human-centered approaches; and connect with and enhance the impact of the global UX group.
This position is based in our Portsmouth, NH office with flexibility to work remotely.
What you will do:
- Plan and lead design activities and teams through the complete product and service life-cycle
- Draw from the full spectrum of design disciplines including interaction design, service design, design research, information architecture, visual design, content strategy, design strategy, etc. to improve customer experiences from end to end
- Lead partner making disciplines such as Engineering and Product Management in framing problems, discovering insights, crafting effective strategies, articulating strong experience-centered visions, defining concepts and prototypes, and guiding iterative development of new and existing offerings
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with peer leaders in partner disciplines including Product Management, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Inspire stakeholders across the business to delivery of high-quality experiences spanning channels, touchpoints, and customer moments
- Provide strategic perspective on customer experience to product development partners, business line leaders, and global UX leadership
- Shape product development practices to reflect greater customer-centricity
- Build and sustain healthy, effective, and impactful design teams through hiring, talent management, and contribution to the global UX / design community within Bottomline
What you will have:
- 10+ years of experience designing complex digital products, services, and experiences, including web-based, mobile, desktop, agentive, embedded
- 5+ years planning and leading multiple / large-scale / high impact design-centered efforts to improve product and service experiences
- 5+ years of team leadership
- 3+ years leading change in product development methods / practices and groups
- Exceptional skills and background for design of complex business-to-business products, services, and applications
- Deep understanding of design methods and the composite user experience toolkit
- Strong leadership, facilitation and organizational skills
- Master’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or equivalent, preferred
- Robust work portfolio illustrating thoughtfulness and quality