Our client, a fast-growing start-up is seeking a Head of UX.
Over the past four years, our client has developed technology (think ad tech for jobs) that has become mission critical to the largest, most innovative recruitment advertisers. 2.5 billion job ads optimized. 650 million applies. We’ve got scale.And we’ve got problems that come with rapid growth in a new market. Our interfaces can be complex. We’re not super consistent. What worked for our first 1,000 customers isn’t going to work for the next 10,000.
Think you can build the user experience that defines your category? Do you look at complex business interfaces and can’t help but think how you would make them easier to understand, more insightful, and be able to prove it with analytics? If this is you, we’d like to talk.
Our CTO and Head of Product are looking for a peer – a person who can understand customer needs and translate them through conversation (and debate!), specs/wireframes, prototypes, and front-end code into online experiences that are self-explanatory, visually stunning, and consistent.
What you will do
- Own the user experience of our products
- Be a champion for the ideal customer experience at all levels of decision-making from strategy to execution
- Improve usability and design of existing products
- Develop strategies to harness our massive data set to help our clients make better decisions.
- Work with business team to develop long term UX/UI strategy
- Work with internal partners and clients/prospects to identify needs
- Work closely with development team to turn UX/UI ideas into reality – hands on!
- Work on company UI/UX guidelines and standards, make sure that everyone follows the standards
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 5+ years working as a professional UI/UX Product Designer
- Experience designing for enterprise applications
- Deep knowledge of UCD processes, methodology and design thinking principles
- High-proficiency with contemporary tools for producing specifications, flow diagrams and functional prototypes
- Experience rapidly iterating on designs based on user feedback and data-driven insights
- Manage, build and coach a team of talented associates to deliver on the vision and standards and to be strong collaborators and facilitators
- Develop associates to reach their full potential – understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
- Manage resourcing for product roadmap that aligns with business needs
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skills. English is a must – Russian is nice to have, as our development group is in Minsk.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Must have an online portfolio with examples of user workflows, design mockups, and documentation reflecting the design thinking used to solve specific customer or business problems.