Our client, a Professional IT Services company in Rockville, MD is seeking a Technical Writer to join their growing team.
The Technical Writer must have excellent writing abilities under tight deadlines and the ability to multitask. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with subject matter experts to produce clear and concise documents appropriate for the intended audience.
- Writing and editing instructional and promotional materials for a training development group.
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) from technical fields to create course content.
- Creating technical training that meets instructional objectives and is written to a level appropriate to the target audience.
- Developing evaluation and testing instruments.
- Coordinating with a team of instructional designers, graphic artists, programmers, technical writers, and documentation specialists to create both paper- and web-based training products.
- Producing storyboards for web-based courses.
- Drafting scripts for video projects.
- QA editing a variety of materials for grammar, style, content, format, consistency, organization, and instructional efficacy. This may include developmental editing of work submitted by other writers.
- Testing web-based courses to ensure functionality.
- Participation in the ISD process, to include providing intelligent input on organization, design, interactions, graphics, and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field, or combination of education and experience.
- Four years direct experience.
- Technical writing samples required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office Suite.
- Ability to adhere to different style guides (i.e., GPO, MLA, APA, etc.).
- Ability to work within a team in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience writing for the health care or medical field a plus.