Our client is seeking a skilled Tech Comm professional who will be responsible for converting technical documentation from MadCap Flare to DITA. This involves some rewriting of material to fit a topic-based structure, and overall improvement of the documentation. An ideal candidate is someone who has managed all aspects of Flare to DITA document conversion projects.
This job is located in Waltham, and can be done part remote.
- Migrate documentation from Flare into DITA XML format
- Ensures accuracy, clarity, appropriateness, and consistency of documents
- Use established company procedures and processes for creating technical documentation
- Analyze current content and make improvements as necessary
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Strong working knowledge of HTML authoring and CSS styles
- Expert-level knowledge of enterprise-class reuse and best practices, including conditions, variables, conrefs, etc.
- Working knowledge of DITA and structured XML
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Writing skills that include organizing information for reuse in multiple documents
- Effective critical thinking, organizational, creative, and teamwork abilities
- Experience with adoption and application of structured topic-based writing
- Proven ability to work with geographically distributed colleagues