Our client is looking for a motivated, experienced marketing professional to join their company in the role of a Marketing Communications Specialist. This full-time position is a great opportunity to work within a flexible virtual environment as part of a small software company that is customer-focused and values high quality work. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing our clients’ marketing strategy.
- Build and implement an effective marketing strategy to meet business objectives and measure the results.
- Design/write/produce/deploy marketing collateral including brochures and datasheets, social media content, email newsletter and email blasts, news releases, digital and print advertising content.
- Graphic design work for online and print advertisements, or work with an outside graphic designer.
- Write/produce website content.
- Interview customers for website case studies, newsletter articles.
- Work with third-party vendors to produce printed collateral and promotional videos.
- Help with trade show planning, logistics, and execution.
- Occasional travel.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and driven with desire to have a significant impact on the business.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing deliverables and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possesses a strong sense of personal responsibility/accountability and dedication to manage one’s work in a home office with limited supervision
- Creative problem solver with an ability to thrive in fast-pace environment.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by technology-focused concepts and translating them into value propositions.
- Ability to work within marketing platforms, web content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc.), and social media platforms.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows operating system, MS Office apps, and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Basic video editing skills for collaborating on short videos.
- Prior experience (3-5 years) in a technical environment developing marketing content for various marketing channels, including collateral, web content, email campaigns, advertising, and social media.
- Experience collaborating with remote team members.
- Experience with producing website content with SEO optimization.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with communications and marketing tools, technology and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.