Our client, a leader in the field of machine vision is looking for an onsite Technical Writer Contractor to update several manuals.This job can be done part or full time.It is a 6 month contract.
You will develop and deliver beautiful, accessible, accurate, high-impact content that helps their customers use their powerful 2D and 3D machine vision systems to guide robots, automate inspections, solve problems, and transform industries. Their users range from sophisticated engineers and scientists to application developers and factory technicians.
- You will work closely with the software algorithm, hardware, and optical development teams to understand the capabilities and internals of their current and next-generation 2D and 3D machine vision software and hardware.
- You will use both released and prototype hardware and software to try to solve real-world application problems.
- You will create content using a variety of authoring tools including MadCap Flare, Creative Cloud, and SketchUp.
- You will create your own illustrations, graphics, and video content.
- You will use Git for version control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- You have Git skills. Experience with Subversion is a plus, and if you’ve been involved with an SVN to Git migration effort, we want to talk to you today.
- You’re happy working directly with markup, whether it’s a custom XML application, XHTML, Markdown, MediaWiki, or old-school Confluence.
- You’re a good writer.
- You have some coding experience.
- You enjoy using 2D and 3D graphics and design tools, and while you’re not a graphic artist or visual designer, you can recognize and appreciate good design.