Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing software companies in the Bay Area?
Are you a technical writer, who wants to reinvent how people experience documentation? You live to make it easy and fun for people to learn and adopt new ways of doing things. It’s not enough for you to transcribe a tech talk – you want to get your hands dirty with the software, load some data, and learn it yourself. If so, we want to talk to you.
This position is based at our headquarters in Palo Alto, California. We’ll especially want to talk to you if you’ve written technical docs for a database, business intelligence, or big data offering
- Deliver clear, complete and accurate documentation timed to the release cycle
- Solve information challenges in innovative ways
- Focus on the end user’s perspective to deliver a better experience of learning to use our products
- Write original technical content related to databases, Web applications, and business intelligence solutions
- 2-3 years experience in technical documentation production for software or SaaS products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with a focus in Communications, English, Instructional Design, Information Management, or a related discipline.
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing technical procedures and concept topics for a range of audiences.
- Ability to create content in varied voices from charming and witty to technical and serious.
- Creativity and innovation in the audio, visual and written realms.
- Markdown and Jekyll for documentation
- Developer tools like GitHub and JIRA
- Image and video editing tools like Adobe Photoshop and Camtasia
- Bonus points if you have hands on experience with databases and reporting tools like Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, and Excel