Our client is the leading international, privately held search firm in the world, specializing in senior-level executive search and board director appointments.
The core business is identifying, assessing and recruiting leaders. Operating synergistically alongside the Firm’s market-leading Executive Search business, Leadership Advisory Practice (LAS) professionals provide advice and partnership to clients navigating a range of key leadership and talent issues.
The Leadership Advisory Practice includes a set of assessment tools that are used to evaluate leadership competencies and they are planning to create more. In this first UX Designer position in this practice you will work with the Innovation team to help design these assessments for an optimal user experience.
In this role, you will take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for executive leaders and talent managers around the world. Achieving this goal requires that you collaborate closely with teams of Researchers, Engineers, Consultants, Clients, and Product Managers throughout the design process— from crafting user flows and wireframes to creating client personas to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises, delights and elevates their thinking.
We’re passionate about our clients and candidates and we aspire to learn everything we can about their aspirations, behaviors, attitudes, needs and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. We take a multi-disciplinary approach combining interaction design, visual design, user research, content strategy and UX engineering.
- Apply design thinking and cross-disciplinary design management techniques to solve executive leadership challenges.
- Help define the user model and user interface for innovative new products and services.
- Understand client needs and bring experiential journeys and use-cases to life through visual narrative
- Develop both high-level and detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas and solutions.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, design management, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience; MA/MS degree in design, HCI or a related field preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in creating and facilitating design tools such as: journey mapping, mind mapping, brainstorming, rapid prototyping, client/customer co-creation and concept visualization
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Portfolio demonstrating UCD process from research, iterations to final design.
- Demonstrated visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to user experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative solutions in a dynamic, ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.