Our client, a SaaS developer of business software is seeking a User Experience Researcher. This a 6-month contract with possible conversion to perm. Work can be done part remote/ part onsite.
In this role, you will help develop empathy and understanding of users and their needs. Your research will be consumed by designers, product managers, marketers, and engineers. You will conduct qualitative and quantitative research, explore the behaviors and motivations of our customers and non-customers through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing. You will guide our product team in building meaningful products that are easy to use and delightful at the same time.
You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by preparing appropriate deliverables, conducting workshops and working closely with individual team members. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, and managing workload and expectations.
- Conduct strategic and tactical research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Use a variety of tools and methods to tailor your research to the questions that need to be answered
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and other researchers to explore and prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Provide actionable findings to diverse audiences by using a variety of deliverables and techniques
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience.
- Experience conducting surveys, interviews, field visits, and usability studies (live and remote).
- Working knowledge of statistics and comfort with numbers
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience with different tools (like OptimalSort, usertesting.com, etc.)
- Good storyteller. Knows how to use audio-visual aids in highlighting key insights.