Our client in Cambridge (soon to be moving to downtown Boston) is transforming how companies manage information security risk with trusted, time-tested and actionable security ratings. Their product is the most widely used security ratings service.
They are seeking a Senior Product Designer to join their growing User Experience Team. Designers play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision and strategy for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A successful designer here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, utilizes multiple sources of data to inform all stages of design, and inspires the organization by envisioning creative solutions to difficult problems.
*The ideal designer for this role has experience with enterprise solutions, big data analytics, and modern design systems.
- Lead design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Set the vision for the user experience and manage collaboration with stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
- Represent the UX team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Create low and high fidelity sketches, wireframes, content, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
- Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes.
- Grow the internal design system, and ensure all features align with it.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems.
- 5+ years of experience designing engaging products and user experiences.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, or other tools for documenting and testing designs.
- Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience.