Our client, a UX research consulting firm is seeking a UX Strategy Manager whose primary mission will be to manage and oversee their key accounts, partnering closely with their dedicated research team to successfully scope, design, and oversee research solutions and to identify new research opportunities. In addition, you’ll partner with their business development team to acquire and develop new clients.
The successful candidate can have experience in either one of these 2 areas:
1.Significant consulting experience in user experience research or a related research field (in both qualitative and quantitative methods)
2, Significant experience in consultative sales or account management capacity in a consulting company that has a research as part of their service offerings.
The UX Strategy Manager also will find satisfaction in building business relationships and designing research solutions and has a high standard for providing quality professional services. You will expand existing client relationships and demonstrate how their user experience research solutions help solve complex business issues.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic guidance to clients for long term planning
- Recommending programs of research to clients based on deep research expertise
- Leading clients capabilities presentations
Account Management & Business Development
- Building and maintaining a portfolio of approximately $1M in UX Research for key clients
- Partnering with a business development lead to acquire new clients
- Writing statements of approach, statements of work, and proposals to address client’s needs and maintain profitability
- Developing deep industry and client-specific expertise and proactively applying this knowledge to projects
Research Delivery Oversight
- Overseeing approximately $1M in UX projects from start to finish, providing guidance, oversight and training to team members depending on their level of experience
- Managing key, large-scale, premier client relationships and specific verticals
- Managing to high quality work – receiving a rating of 9 or greater of likelihood to recommend rating on each project managed
- Working with research team to manage overall cost of delivery to industry benchmark
- Leading project wrap-up sessions with team to discuss key learnings and opportunities for improvement; ensure sharing throughout company
Best Practices Development Internally
- Proactively identifying areas of opportunity to improve client– such as new efficiencies, process improvements, ways to better serve clients, and build their brand
- Being a role model to team members on clients’ core values
The qualified candidate will likely meet many or most of the job criteria listed below.
- 2+ years of management experience, at least 1 year on supplier side, where duties have included overseeing research projects and managing client relationships
- 5+ years of experience developing, conducting and/or overseeing research projects independently, including: developing test protocols, moderating, analyzing, reporting research findings, and using remote usability tools and survey software
- Ability to engage effectively with business and research managers in Fortune 500 companies; can impressively turn data into strong business recommendations; expert in research methods; proficient in research best practices
- Deep understanding of digital product development cycle and how research supports this
- Passion for user experience and digital products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, manage competing priorities, and be an independent problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead / facilitate discussions
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree