Our client is seeking a contract technical writer who supports and participates with other members of the Documentation team in the development and documentation of clear and accurate content for use by staff in various departments.
The successful candidate must be extremely organized and detail-oriented, have strong writing skills including a facility with plain language and must possess the ability to think critically. The successful candidate must follow-through to ensure effective problem resolution. Experience with Diamond and Monument Xpress is a plus.
- Author clear and comprehensive documents that describe business processes.
- Work with subject matter experts and analyze source materials to determine how information should be written and structured for effective use by staff.
- Ensure timeliness of documentation and editorial standards are met by regularly reviewing and updating existing content.
- Use the appropriate computer applications (for example, SupportPoint or MS Word), to produce resources for use by staff. Ensure effective use of these applications by utilizing advanced features of the software (style guides, etc.)
- Works with partner departments to keep documentation up to date.
- Maintains awareness of daily events in the Servicing departments and creates content appropriate for SupportPoint.
- Requires 2 years’ experience in a professional environment, preferably within managed care
- Proficiency in knowledge management and electronic data management techniques are highly preferred.
- Facility with plain language writing skills is also preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers, specifically PC based applications, is essential. Experience with Microsoft Office applications as well as Visio, is required and Web development tools is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant business experience is required.
- writing sample required