Our client, a start up in the Bay area is seeking an experienced Lead UX Design lead who wants to get her or his hands dirty at this early-stage and help them build out their Design Thinking and Lean Experiment culture.This mission driven start-up is looking for a Designer who is excited about the company’s vision.
The company was founded on the belief that wellness and nutrition are the foundation of exceptional health for both humans and the animals we love. The right nutrition supports treatment, immunity, and recovery, while the wrong nutrition inhibits healing. Supplementing a natural diet with well-designed, carefully manufactured, natural formulas supports lifelong health.
When it comes to User Experience (UX) and Client Experience (CX), we believe in an unmatched focus on our clients. This focus is the engine behind all decision making and drives our product and service decisions.
What you will be working on
In addition to internal CX tools and current client software, we are building a software platform to help doctors, veterinarians, and academic researchers advance the field of predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory medicine and nutrition. Initially you would be the only full time UX team member, thus finding a UX design lead that has hands-on experience with the full UX stack is a requirement.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Client Service team members to lead design initiatives and mentor Lean experimentation.
- Collaborate closely with the head of product and directly with the CEO to understand and give feedback on the roadmap.
- Lead UX research initiatives, give feedback on user research protocols, and oversee the capturing of UX scenarios
- Design elegant flows, wireframes, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for Lean experiments and software projects.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering and collaborate on a design library to ensure a high-quality design implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from teammates on your product team and beyond. Holding regular and productive design reviews.
- Work in close collaboration with Product and Leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Interview new UX and Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process.
- Work well with an ego-free, growth mindset, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Have an attitude that inspires and motivates, embracing challenges and new ways of thinking
- What you should have
- Experience as an individual contributor on a Product Design team for web, iOS, and Android.
- A portfolio, showcasing a foundation in “Design Thinking”, User Research, Interaction, Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers and Engineering to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience working in Sprints using Agile methods.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading a design team
- Experience with horses, or passion for animals
- Startup experience
- Experience with Health, Wellness and/or Clinical Research software
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.